Location: New York, NY or Remote
Benefits: Healthcare, 401k
Salary: Base, commensurate w/ experience
Extras: Training & career development, open team-oriented space, team building activities and events, fully stocked kitchen, Bryant Park Views
The Sales and Marketing Assistant will provide both strategic and administrative support to SD’s Business Development Team and the SD office. This person should be organized, detail oriented and proactive in directing, planning and coordinating various projects for the team. A successful candidate will be resourceful, take initiative on projects, follow through on commitments, and have excellent attention to detail, take great care to ensure accuracy, and use good judgment.
We’ll need you to oversee and assist with:
Marketing & Sales
- Provide support to the Business Development team
- Assist with content creation for blogs, website, sales materials, social media and email newsletters
- Work with Marketing Manager on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn which may include the creation of visual content.
- Manage inbound leads to ensure they are tracked and dispatched appropriately.
- Assist with email marketing and paid digital marketing campaigns and report on findings.
- Assist with the planning and execution of corporate events and conference sponsorships. Prepare agenda items, take notes, and manage follow up.
- Plan, organize, and manage multiple calendars, including conference room coordination, vendor requests, and other general requests as needed.
- Work with the Office Coordinator on catering for prospect and vendor meetings.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to assist with sales meetings, planning, and off sites.
- Oversee office administrative functions such as screening calls, filing, copy/fax, mailings & maintaining supplies needed to run the organization
- Maintain front desk, greeting clients and guests as they arrive and directing them to their appropriate location
- Maintain building/vendor relationships, monitoring the office environment for any additional needs to ensure the work setting is running well
- Ensure reception & kitchen pantry are clean and in the proper condition for staff, clients & guests
- Organize breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner events as needed
you should have
- 1-2 years marketing or communications experience (internships included)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited surpervision
- Experience with social media platforms i.e. Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook
- Proficient in copywriting and editing blogs
- Experience with different ESP platforms i.e. Mailchimp, Dotdigital
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts i.e. email marketing, social media marketing, digital marketing, thought leadership, lead generation