Liv is a Texas-raised front end developer with an addiction to craft supplies, animal adoption, and books. When she’s not at SD, she’s usually bringing home some new creature, knitting sweaters, or telling Northeasterners that 85 degrees isn’t that hot.
Location: Bryant Park, New York City OR Remote
Benefits: Healthcare, 401k
Salary: Base, commensurate w/ experience
Extras: Training & career development, open team-oriented space, team building activities and events, fully stocked kitchen, Bryant Park views
Something Digital is an interactive agency based in mid-town Manhattan – we’ve spent close to 20 years developing custom software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites to diverse clients ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies. Something Digital is looking for a lead developer to join the project team and be part of a world class Magento development team.
WE’LL NEED YOU TO
- Develop Magento solutions
- Maintain Magento budget templates
- Provide back end budgets for new build and enhancement requests
- Approve and collaborate on development lifecycle deliverables including PSDs, Wireframes, Base Styles, Development / Code, QA Issues and resolution
- Review developer code and project delivery to maintain and improve code quality control and adherence to standards
- Contribute to and review back end developer standards and training plans
- Guide and mentor the back end development team
- Develop and maintain work plans
- Assist with sales activities
- Maintain and evolve development process
- Participate in recruiting activities and events
apply if you
- Enjoy a challenge and are looking to grow
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that places value on training and skills development
you must have
- 5+ years experience building solutions with Magento
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience optimizing and refactoring application code
- Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications
it’d be great if you had
- Experience leading teams on Magento build engagements
Kyle is a techie who rows crew, explores nature, and attends concerts. He loves NYC and Taiwan, and plans on continuing his Mandarin Chinese studies.
Pat maintains a handful of open-source modules for Magento 2 and can often be found looking for interesting questions on Magento StackExchange. When not programming he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.
Yati, as his buddies call him, is known for his Yati Rolls! Apart from cooking, he likes to explore NYC and has a contagious smile!
Stephanie spends too much time dreaming about installing her consciousness into an immortal android body so that she can read every book in the world. She also enjoys normal hobbies like drawing, video games, and binge watching Korean television.
Darwin is a huge soccer fan. Loves to play soccer at least twice a week. If he’s not on a computer you will find him in a soccer field either playing or teaching his baby to play soccer.
When Jeremy’s not coding, he enjoys searching for the best music, ramen, and coffee Brooklyn has to offer.
Alejandro is a physicist by trade, a software developer by practice, and a Linux evangelist by love. His consistent persuit of knowledge have guided him learn the difficult, the unknown, and the utterly impossible of being a human being.
From Ohio, Anne is a farm girl at heart that threw herself into the big city. When she’s not hanging out with friends, she’s searching for the city’s best Mexican food or relaxing in whatever little bit of nature she can find.