Casey Becking is a an avid ice hockey player when not heads down on the keyboard coming up with new ways to solve for repeatable processes.
Adrian is passionate about programming and learning new technologies. Outside of work he loves to spend time with his wife and daughter. In his spare time, he also snowboards and runs.
Jayson is from New Jersey and went to university for Computer Science with a minor in Japanese Studies. In his free time you’ll find him building things like 3D models, 3D prints, custom PCs, and props/replicas.
Conor is a recent Stony Brook University grad and the newest programmer addition to our Strategic Engagement team. He is always up to try new things and enjoys learning about foreign cultures. He has traveled to Canada, Korea and studied abroad in Japan. On his weekends he can be found sailing the waters around Long Island or in the dojo practicing the martial art of kendo.
Ashley is a vintage fashion nut who, when she isn’t testing and hunting for bugs, can be found adding to her collection of 1950s plaid jackets and reading true crime novels.
Rich is passionate about open source software and web development. When not coding, he can found hiking on a mountain in Arizona, or playing ultimate frisbee.
A recent graduate from Syracuse University, Ryan enjoys spending time away from SD working out, gaming, and spending time with his dog, Bo.
Liv is a Texas-raised front end developer with an addiction to craft supplies, animal adoption, and books. When she’s not at SD, she’s usually bringing home some new creature, knitting sweaters, or telling Northeasterners that 85 degrees isn’t that hot.
Location: Bryant Park, New York City OR Remote
Benefits: Healthcare, 401k
Salary: Base, commensurate w/ experience
Extras: Training & career development, open team-oriented space, team building activities and events, fully stocked kitchen, Bryant Park views
Something Digital is an interactive agency based in mid-town Manhattan – we’ve spent close to 20 years developing custom software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites to diverse clients ranging from startups to fortune 500 companies. Something Digital is looking for a lead developer to join the project team and be part of a world class Magento development team.
WE’LL NEED YOU TO
- Develop Magento solutions
- Maintain Magento budget templates
- Provide back end budgets for new build and enhancement requests
- Approve and collaborate on development lifecycle deliverables including PSDs, Wireframes, Base Styles, Development / Code, QA Issues and resolution
- Review developer code and project delivery to maintain and improve code quality control and adherence to standards
- Contribute to and review back end developer standards and training plans
- Guide and mentor the back end development team
- Develop and maintain work plans
- Assist with sales activities
- Maintain and evolve development process
- Participate in recruiting activities and events
apply if you
- Enjoy a challenge and are looking to grow
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that places value on training and skills development
you must have
- 5+ years experience building solutions with Magento
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience optimizing and refactoring application code
- Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications
it’d be great if you had
- Experience leading teams on Magento build engagements
Kyle is a techie who rows crew, explores nature, and attends concerts. He loves NYC and Taiwan, and plans on continuing his Mandarin Chinese studies.