Tori loves to play tennis and hit the gym. If she is not doing this, she is most likely balling her eyes out watching This Is Us while eating ice cream.
Location: Midtown Manhattan
Benefits: Healthcare, 401k, TransitChek
Salary: Base, commensurate w/ experience
Extras: Training & career development, open team-oriented space, team building activities and events, fully stocked kitchen, Bryant Park views
we’ll need you to
- Work with the client and other team members to take a project from concept to completion
- Organize complex information in a simple, user-friendly, and elegant way Collaborate with project teams to develop the information architecture and sitemap
- Develop wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate the user experience and functionality
- Design visual user interfaces that are in compliance with existing design style guides/rules and best practices
- Work with the development team to communicate functionality and execute the design
- Perform quality assurance testing to identify design flaws across multiple browsers and devices and work with the development team to resolve them
- Work with the project team to produce the following deliverables: brief, style tile, site map, wireframes, functional specs, high fidelity compositions, and UI pattern library
apply if you
- Enjoy a challenge and are looking to grow your skills
- Want to work on a diversity of projects and platforms
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that places value on training and skills development
- Are psyched to leverage different, unfamiliar technologies, and services
you must have
- BA/BS/BFA or above in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interface Design, Graphic Design, or other design field or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience designing for web interfaces/interactions
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and the CC suite
- Experience with responsive design
- A portfolio that showcases your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Ability to meet milestones and deadlines on time
- Superb attention to detail
it’d be great if you had
- Love of typography
- Branding background
- Experience designing for platforms such as WordPress, Magento, or Shopify
- Experience designing ecommerce sites
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Lindsay is a voracious reader who also enjoys making and watching films. She’s currently on a never-ending quest to discover the best burrito in the city.
As Creative Director, Mickey leads SD’s user experience and design strategies. Outside the office you can find her painting or hanging around the Slope with her dog Leia.
Gina is inspired in and outside of work by her capoeira community. When she isn’t Brazilian fight-dancing, she’s likely riding her bicycle and falling in love with New York over and over again on two wheels.
Lindsay loves finding design inspiration in New York. Outside of SD, she is usually running, browsing art galleries, or planning her next travel adventure.