The internet is a visual medium. Visitors judge with their eyes and will only digest the content if you make the whole experience a pleasurable one.
“No matter the images you have in your library they will rarely be suitable for the task.” – Kris Jeary, Squiders
FIT FOR PURPOSE
You need photography that:
1. Has been taken by a professional.
2. Has a brief from both client & designer.
3. Shows products in high resolution.
4. Will render well on various devices.
DIRECT THE SHOOT
Benefits of allowing a web designer to direct the shoot include: clear vision, images that work with site, obtain images with purpose, and boost sales.
“What about stock photos?” – Your Subconscious
PEOPLE BUY FROM PEOPLE
Good photography will show off the product and foster a sense of trust. Make the visitor trust you more than your competitors, let them know you are real people and not machines.
WORKING WITH A PROFESSIONAL
Choose your professional carefully. You want someone who:
1. Ask the right questions
2. Wants to understand your goals
3. Has web photography experience
4. Can balance different types of shots
Give you designer the tools to best meet your goals and present your product in the best possible light.
You won’t regret it.